The purpose of the GKCC Mentoring Program is to develop the young professionals of tomorrow. Our main goals are to guide students toward professional opportunities and facilitate relationships that will aid them throughout their lives. At the end of the program, mentees should have the expertise, insights, and connections that will enable them to have a successful career in their field of interest.
MISSION AND GOALS
WHAT IS THE VALUE OF THE MENTORING PROGRAM?
The Mentoring Program kicks off on January 15th from 6:00 pm to 7:30 pm at the Greater Killeen Chamber of Commerce with guest speaker Abdul Subhani. There are three seminars occurring in January, March, and May featuring local area leaders. Mentoring sessions will be two times per month conducted as informal meetings between Mentors and Mentees, coordinated between the team.
CALENDAR OF EVENTS
- Pre-program Interview
- Selected applicants will complete a pre-program interview with members of the GKCC PEC. Time and location will be released upon the applicant’s acceptance into the program.
- Kick Off and Graduation
- Kick Off will be held at the Greater Killeen Chamber of Commerce at 6:00-7:30 pm. on January 15th Abdul Subhani, CEO of Centex Technologies, will speak on the subject of effective communication.
- Graduation will be held as a luncheon on June 11th from 11:30 am to 1:00 pm. Location will be released at the May 14th seminar.
- Seminars will be held in the GKCC Conference Room from 6:00 pm to 7:30 pm. Refreshments and light hors d’oeuvres will be served. Following the guest speaker, Mentors and Mentees will have the chance to network with others in the program and conduct one of their monthly informal meetings.
- January 15th- How to Effectively Communicate / Abdul Subhani
- March 12th- Developing a Business Backbone / Daniel Hall
- May 14th- The Art of Organization and Time Management / Sanfrena Britt
- Sessions coordinated with your mentor
- The Mentoring Program workbooks contain 10 objectives for Mentors and Mentees to work through. Informal meetings must be conducted twice per month from January through May. The duration of each session should be at least one hour. Session times and locations are coordinated between Mentor and Mentee.
- Be 18 years old or more by January 1, 2019
- Participate in a pre-program interview (dates will be released at a later time)
- Have a strong sense of community and connection to the Greater Killeen area
- Demonstrate dedication and follow through in past endeavors
- Display professional conduct
- Commit time and effort to successfully complete the Mentoring Program
YP MEMBER, GKCC INVESTORS, NON-MEMBERS AND FUTURE INVESTORS:
- Be one (or more) of the following:
- Final year student of a degree or certificate seeking program
- Current graduate (within 4 years) of a degree or certificate seeking program
- Small business owner
- Supervisor or manager
- Candidate must complete application and email all required documents to the Greater Killeen Chamber of Commerce by November 30, 2018 at 4:00 pm.
- Include updated resume and letters of recommendation.
- Degree and certificate seeking students in the final year only: include a signed letter from your college, higher education institution or high school advisor declaring your status as final year student.
|KISD, CTC or TAMU-CT Students||No cost|
|YP Members and GKCC Investors||$50.00|
|Non-Members and Future Investors||$150.00|