Killeen is home to Fort Hood and we proudly support and recognize our men and women in uniform. Fort Hood was originally established as Camp Hood in 1942. On April 13, 1950, the announcement came from Washington, D.C., that the Army General Staff had approved making Camp Hood a permanent installation and changing its name to Fort Hood. The change was made effective on April 15, 1950 and to this day Killeen residents couldn't be prouder to host "The Great Place".
Soldiers preparing to PCS to Fort Hood and who will be looking for resources in the surrounding community can find some helpful tips and information directly from trusted local sources. This information is provided by the Military Relations Council of the Greater Killeen Chamber of Commerce as is designed to help make Soldiers transition to The Great Place successful both for themselves and their families.
Car Buying Resources
Local School District Information